Wednesday, June 13, 2012

For better, for worse...

I was fortunate enough to be invited to the wedding of a friend of mine which took place last night in a grand Banquet Hall in TST. As this was a Chinese wedding I knew I was about to indulge in a 13 course meal...I made sure not to wear any tight fitting garments, I learned from my previous school boy errors. The favourite course of the evening for me was the fish, although it looked a little scary it was delicious. Although I was watching a touching video of the bride and groom getting ready at the same time so this perhaps clouded my judgement. Over the course of the evening the bride changed her outfit several times (I saw her in 4) complete with new hair, make-up and jewellery. This is not something many a western bride would do.
As I was one of only two 'ghosts' at the wedding I couldn't really understand what was being said (I really must learn Cantonese) but actions speak a thousands words and I was thankful that I was part of their 'Big Day'.

Phoenix J. Dress and customary 'Red Pocket' for the happy couple.

   
The happy couple (outfit 1), cheers! (outfit 2), special wedding beer and the scary yet yummy fish.

Congratulations Suki and John!

love xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment