Friday, September 3, 2010

Booze with Views........apparently

A few weeks ago my good friend M invited my other good friend B and myself to what was proclaimed to be a 'Booze with Views' outing. It sounded very promising. As per usual I had not prepared and forgot to bring suncream.....school boy error or so I thought. We met up with the group and piled onto the mini bus and as we drove over to the 'Dark Side' (Kowloon) and up into the New Territories it was clear that SPFs were not going to be needed.
The weather had taken a turn for the worse and it looked like there was going to be some sort of apocalypse into which the mini bus driver was taken us further and further.
I kid you not, we got to our destination and the views with which we were meant to be enjoying our booze was masked by a massive cloud that hung over the hill! I was slightly freaked out by this and the prospect of never being seen again and I wondered if we should maybe tell someone of our whereabouts, maybe a slight over reaction but these things happen!!! The fun loving Aussies in the group didn't seem to care and made fun of me......
It didn't seem that it was going to be that bad but to make matters worse the rain started (bonus though made our dry sandwiches more edible) and with only 2 umbrellas for three girlies I was like a drowned rat. Huddled under our makeshift brolly-tent all three of us were contemplating how much longer we had to endure this Scottish like summer expedition when finally (after about an hour) the sun shifted the cloud and we were able to see just what made these 'Views' worth sitting in the rain for........












It was like pulling back the curtain and the views were stunning. Our spirits were lifted and as we went for a little wander we came across an interesting little ram shackled building......and yes I went inside to have a look-see.












All in all a good day was had and there is a lesson to be learned.......When going to the 'Dark Side' you must prepare for every eventuality.......

No comments:

Post a Comment